- 2 kg large ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 green capsicum, finely diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced
- 1/2 a bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- juice of 1/2 alemon
- bread for serving
- Peel and coursely chop the tomatoes. Put aside a little of the diced vegetables to serve on the side of the soup.
- Place the tomatoes and the remaining diced vegetables, parsley, both oils, garlic, salt and pepper into a blender one cup at a time and blend until smooth. Pourit into a glass bowl and refrigerate until it is chilled. Stir in the lemon juice.
- To serve pourinto bowls, and present a bowlof diced vegetables on the side with fresh bread.