Skip to content
Go to Top
Couscous and Chickpea salad with creamy walnut dressing
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 75g of snow peas
- 1 small lettuce
- 1 small curly leaf lettuce. (curly endive)
- 2 cups of prepared and cooled couscous
- 300g of cooked chick peas
- sweet paprika to dust
- 30g walnuts
- 1/2 cup of natural soy yoghurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tbs thyme leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Steam asparagus until tender and crisp (about 2 mins)
- Place snow peas into a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water for 1 minute then plunge asparagus and snow peas into cold water and drain well.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a plate and add couscous in the centre, top with snowpeas,chickpeas and asparagus.
- To make the dressing place walnuts, soy yoghurt, lemon juice, rind, thyme, salt and pepper into a food processor and blend until well combined.
- Drizzle over salad and dust with paprika.